Costs to form a Company in Malta are relatively low, and the process is fairly straightforward.
The registration process of a company mainly involves the following steps:
- reservation of the company’s name;
- the deposit of the issued share capital into a local bank account; and
- the submission with the Maltese Registrar of Companies of a memorandum and articles of association signed by the shareholders or their representatives.
If all necessary documentation is provided, a company can normally be incorporated within 24 hours. However, the Registrar of Companies may require various documentation prior to incorporation depending on the nationality of the directors and shareholders of the company.
Benefits of opening a company in Malta include:
- Participation exemption, whereby dividends received from holdings which satisfy certain criteria are exempt from tax. Profits on disposal of such holdings may also be exempt form tax.
- Effective tax rate on trading profits of 5%.
- No taxes on distributions of profits to non-resident shareholders by a Maltese company.
- If a Malta company carries out its business overseas, it is still considered resident in Malta as long as it is registered and managed in Malta
After such incorporation, we can also help you with all compliance and company maintenance requirements.
Kindly contact us if you require any of our services or would like any further information.